Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sarah Jessica Parker or Bust

Just writing the title titillates me! ( I could make a joke about using the words "bust" and "titillates" in the first two minutes ). I knew this day would come. I have a big mouth and have always told anyone who'd listen that if they ever came out with a reality show that was art oriented I'd be so there. Well, the reality is that a reality show is being brewed as we speak. Sarah Jessica Parker has been pitching a reality show based on her love of the art world and the talents of upcoming artists. Bravo bit and the show is supposed to be filling in next year's slot that will be left vacant by Project Runway. It's to take place in New York, I believe. I do hope Sarah decides to host it as well. I believe Sarah to be the consummate lover of all that is creative...with a youthful urban edge. Now, I definitely have some concept of how many people will be interested. Therein lies my bravery. I've seen these shows. I know what they look for. I'm not a hot twenty-something without a care in the world. I'm not filled with angst...I'm actually not extreme in any way. I still have both my ears and there have been no crimes due to my unbridled passion for my art. I'm just a guy that has a true love of the creative process and will always need to express it. Having said that I have a side of me ( rarely shown ) that wants my talents to be exposed to the world. What makes me think I may have something entertaining to offer? You know what? I don't care any more. I've spent my life fearful of not measuring up. What's the worst that can happen? Oh yeah, well I do hope they don't just ignore me...that would suck. This has brought up some things for me to think about. I'm comfortable in my art genre. Is that a plus or a minus? Being in love with my primary medium ( watercolor ) I have not attempted to express myself in many other mediums. You can bet your Arches 140 lb. cold press that they will have you going from one challenging test to the next in any number of mediums. Can I withstand this? Will I be made a mockery of in front of millions? Well, I intend to pursue being considered and let the paint brushes fall where they may.

No comments: