Friday, July 25, 2008
Forgetting to Remember
I don't know how to justify or explain it but it just is. Am I cyclical in my interests? Do interesting things happen to me cyclically? What explanation do I have for my absence? These are questions that arise when trying to understand why I haven't written in six weeks. I'd like to say that there are thousands anticipating my next pearl of wisdom, anecdote or Toddism. More likely I would say that with exception of a few that have noticed it's been a non issue. Well, I realize that I write primarily for myself. It feels good. It's fun. It's a tool to help me figure out stuff. It helps me remember. I'll try to write about a few things that might have transpired within "the lost weeks" worthy of note. For me time is like a sieve; most gets forgotten or deleted from my memory. It always amazes me the selective things ( often silly things ) I remember and who knows what I forget ( I would only know what these things are if I could remember them ). I don't think this is an age thing. I've been this way for as long as I can remember - well, that isn't saying much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment