Sunday, March 2, 2008
Organizing My Thoughts On Organization
I had a recent epiphany that I must share with all of you! It occurred to me that an organized person isn't necessarily defined by whether he has achieved it but rather by whether he is bothered by disorganization or not. There is a difference! You see, I truly believe that I am an organized person. You may not be aware of that considering it hasn't been applied to every part of my life and environment. The difference is that I think about it all the time and the areas that have yet benefited disturb me. I actually fantasize about it...the perfect scenario or the ideal problem solver. There are factors that inhibit the ideal solution such as space and expense. Both are issues for me. I have one space that is a success. It is a small closet in my bedroom. My home was built in the 50's so closet space is at a minimum and there are several closets throughout that house my clothing but this one closet...I'll just stop to look at it and sigh. It is truly a work of art. It houses my shoes and pants and some shirts. One section has cubicles for my shoes; one shoe per cubicle. The shoes all face in the same direction with all heels out. They will always have a place to come home to. You couldn't mess this closet up if you tried! All the pants are hung by shade - light to dark, the shoes, casual to dressy. I have my short sleeved shirts in this closet and above ( by color ) I have the less worn t-shirts neatly folded. I recently had company that saw this closet and they haven't stopped talking about it. I burst with pride listening to them express their admiration to others. It's an awesome achievement by any measure and I'm their hero. I don't take this responsibility lightly. I now have to apply it throughout so it's known that it was no accident. I have heroes of my own; two, in fact. First, my sister. She lives my organizational dream. I idolize that about her. It is no passing phase with her. It is her lifestyle. I'm trying to make you proud. Second is my friend, David. I have been recently privy to his tales of organizing his garage for storage. No written word has given me goosebumps the way his e-mail did when he described his plan of action. I salute you, David. How could you be anything less than my best friend? A thought about not maintaining that organization; it's like having a beautiful flower in a vase and not adding water when it gets low; watching the blossom slowly wither from lack of attention and care. I hope you all can benefit from my enlightenment ( lol ). Happy blossoms to all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment