Monday, December 29, 2008
Kick 2008 To The Curb...most of it
"An uneventful year" would not describe 2008. If I were to make a list of the pros and cons I'd need extra note paper for the cons. I know I'm not alone in this assessment. Everyone has been subject to a difficult time, what with the election, the economy, employment scares, etc. Personally, it's been a tumultuous time for me. Back trouble has been an issue for me and I don't deal with that well as it directly effects everything that I enjoy doing in life. My Mom has had one medical issue after another and December has been the worst for her and as we speak is is in the hospital once again. I hope this time will offer a better understanding of what is bothering her. I mentioned that my "cons" list for the year would be quite lengthy but I didn't say the "pros" list was nonexistent. To my delight and surprise an opportunity arose in September and I began working freelance for a wallpaper company. This company "recreates" historic wallpaper. The company uses water based inks and all the papers are screened by hand. The owners not only appreciate work done by hand with no digital assistance but prefer it and so I'm able to use my talents in a way that I never thought would be possible in this day and age. Everything about this job suits me. The owners are very special people and I look forward to as long a relationship as the work allows. It offers a bright beginning to 2009. Here's to new leadership and new opportunities!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment