Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Why Am I Doing This?

How daunting!
A place to express my daily thoughts, frustrations, challenges, successes and failures!
A blog would be an incredibly cathartic thing ( kind of like the nude gentlemen on the Washington Mutual commercial - I like the idea of feeling "free like a birdswallow" ) but that poses a concern. Just how much of myself do I expose and feel comfortable knowing that I have just put information available to the world that any millions of people have access to. Considering my impending fame and fortune, will this come to haunt me? Let's say I talk about my incredible lust for Tom Ford and the fact that should I ever have the opportunity...I WOULD act on it without question or remorse. Well, that's potentially harmful to say the least and the reprocussions could force me to turn to drink or worse which would then require rehab and roomsharing with Lindsey. Should I be anonymous and lay it all out or show taste and discretion with little fodder for gossip? Something to think about.
Having said that, here goes.
Foremost on my mind, a trip that has been in the works for some time takes place in a few days. I don't know where I'm going except that my partner and I are being flown to San Diego. We have been receiving clues on a weekly basis which has been very exciting yet they are extremely vague offering little direction. That's ok, I can deal...it's just that I have a wardrobe thing.
I wrote to my host asking for a little more info about wardrobe ( all he mentioned was to pack similar to what was necessary for our trip to Calistoga at this time last year but that was north and I'm presuming we're staying south ). He wrote back and told me all my assumptions were correct. My partner says "keep it light" which he always lives up to. I like to be prepared for anything and I like having "options". My partner is trying to eliminate that word from my fashion vocabulary. What if we go clubbing? Gotta have the right thing. It would behoove me to bring something that would be appropriate to...let's say the gay rodeo ( you never know ) so I've gotta bring my sleeveless denim and cowboy hat. The possibilities are endless. I must be prepared. My partner packs a pant. A pair of shoes. A shirt. Shorts. Swimsuit. THAT'S IT. Somehow he makes it work.

2 comments:

Carrie Williams said...

What a fabulous first entry into the blogosphere! Love your humor and insights. Keep it coming!
Also...was your partner a Boy Scout? His approach to couture sounds a little "Be Prepared" to moi.

Sana said...

I can see the wheels turning. "What else can I reveal into the internet atmosphere?", you think. I say, tell it all baby. I want more. Boxers or breifs, nipple rings or hairy beary's. Red or blue. I want to know you.